Condition: Brand New
Hardcover: 334 pages
Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.9 x 10 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Guaranteed SAFE Checkout
In Healthy Gut, Healthy You, clinician and researcher Dr. Michael Ruscio shows how modern lifestyle changes and the widespread use of antibiotics have made our guts more vulnerable than ever before.
The good news is that almost any ailment can be healed. The key is not just managing the symptoms but treating the root cause; the gut. Restoring this crucial part of your overall health improves the performance of your whole body from the inside out - and it's easier than you think to get started.
You don't have to follow crazy diets or spend a fortune to get healthy. Instead, read Healthy Gut, Healthy You to discover:
- THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR GUT
- DIET FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- LIFESTYLE AND ENVIRONMENT FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- TOOLS FOR HEALING YOUR GUT
- THE GREAT-IN-8 ACTION PLAN
The book essentially has 2 main parts: Informational and Self-Help
The Informational Aspect
- This book is what I feel to be the most scientifically and clinically accurate, and up-to-date, book available on gut health today. It tells the story not only of my clinical experience, but that of nearly 1,000 scientific references that have evolved our understanding of how the gut works and how we can repair it. These references are not merely footnotes that were farmed up from animal and petri dish studies to reinforce what I believe. These studies have shaped my clinical practice and guided this book. The majority of the studies are clinical trial data or higher.
- This section will summarize what the evidence shows for diets like low carb diets, the paleo diet, and the low FODMAP diet. It will also summarize the evidence regarding probiotics, adrenal support, digestive enzymes, herbal antimicrobials, and more. It will provide a no-nonsense summary of what these tools can and cannot do. It will also help you understand common imbalances in the gut like SIBO, fungus, candida, and H. pylori, amongst others, and more importantly, what you can do about it.
The Self-Help Aspect
This book is written to empower and help you, the reader, providing a personalized step-by-step process to improve your health that is not dependent upon elaborate diets or excessive supplement programs and providing practical solutions that are also cost-effective. If you are not well, the first step should be optimizing your gut health. This is because the hidden cause of many symptoms, including non-digestive symptoms like fatigue and depression, is an unhealthy gut. It’s not a guarantee, but it’s usually the best place to start. You will not finish this book being afraid of food or indoctrinated into thinking you must take supplements for the rest of your life. You will feel educated and empowered.
You will have a step-by-step protocol to follow, helping you first determine how you should eat, then, if diet has not provided adequate relief, how to use the other available tools, like probiotics and herbal medicines, to heal and repair your gut. You will be provided with the exact foods to eat, the exact supplements to take, with exact doses, for how long, and finally how to eventually have a broad and open diet, while also being on little to no supplements in the long term.