Condition: Brand New
Loose Leaf: 280 pages
Product Dimensions:4.8 x 1.2 x 7.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
Guaranteed SAFE Checkout
Quick access to key clinical information and solutions to common problems in internal medicine – as close as your pocket! Pocket Medicine, Sixth Edition , is your go-to resource for fast answers to diagnostic questions you’ll face on rounds and exams. Prepared by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this portable, best-selling reference tackles the diagnosis and treatment of the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology. Bulleted lists, tables, and algorithms focus on the information you need in order to make an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
Completely updated throughout to keep you current with what’s new in internal medicine.
- Includes new sections on mechanical circulatory support, angioedema, non-invasive ventilation, toxicology, lung transplantation, GI motility disorders, and the cardiorenal syndrome, and many more.
- The latest pharmacotherapy information for specific disease and patient populations.
- 16-page color insert displays classic normal and abnormal radiographs, CT scans, echocardiograms, peripheral blood smears, and urinalyses commonly seen in the practice of internal medicine.
- User-friendly tabs and a 2-color design help you find information quickly.
- References to landmark papers help you answer questions from attendings and residents – all from a trusted source acceptable for use on rounds.
- Surgical, OB-GYN, and ophthalmic consult section guides you to ask the right questions and get the best care for your patients.
- Ideal for medical students, interns, residents, advanced practice nurses, PAs, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams.
Designed as a life-saver for Rounds, the Pocket Series serves as a practical, high-yield reference for quick answers to diagnostic questions. Under the direction of esteemed faculty at premier institutions, each title in the Pocket series is written by residents and fellows and the highly template format helps residents and students intelligently answer questions from Attending
- Fits in your pocket! The Loose-leaf, 6-ring binder allows for individual customization making look-up even faster!
- Quick & Easy to Use! Format includes bulleted lists, abbreviations, symbols, tables, and algorithms.
- High-yield summary of symptoms, exam findings, diagnostic work-up, and treatment plans for what you’ll encounter on rounds.